Surefire SFMB-338-5/8-24 Muzzle Brake/Suppressor Adapter
The advanced SureFire SFMB-338-5/8-24 muzzle brake, which fits 8.60 mm (.338 caliber) rifles with 5/8-24 muzzle threads, greatly reduces both recoil impulse and muzzle rise and features neutral porting that loads bi-pod legs evenly. Its patented Impulse Diffusion design minimizes side blast and rear-directed concussion effects. The SFMB-338-5/8-24 also serves as a rock-solid mounting adapter for .338 caliber SureFire SOCOM Series Fast-Attach® suppressors.
Precision machined from US mill-certified heat-treated stainless steel bar stock—including high-precision single-point cut threads for optimum thread interface—the SFMB-338-5/8-24 muzzle brake is given a black Ionbond DLC coating to provide maximum protection under harsh environmental conditions and to facilitate cleaning even after extreme use.
When used in conjunction with a SOCOM Series suppressor, the patent-pending design of the SFMB-338-5/8-24 provides multiple bearing surfaces to ensure superior suppressor alignment. A rear labyrinth seal minimizes potential carbon buildup in the indexing system and facilitates suppressor removal after extended firing.
All SureFire SOCOM Series muzzle brakes have blind pilot holes at the 3 and 9 o’clock position to enable fine-tuning of recoil characteristics for individual shooting styles or ammunition characteristics. They also have blind pilot holes at the 6 o’clock position to enable indexing the adapter at bottom dead center, and to pin-and-weld on short-barreled rifles. All that is required is a basic hand drill and appropriate drill bits.
SureFire muzzle brakes are individually inspected for concentricity and alignment, and each is covered by SureFire’s No-Hassle Guarantee.
FITS: 8.60 mm /.338 caliber rifles with 5/8-24 muzzle threads
MOUNTS: All SureFire SOCOM Series 8.60 mm /.338 caliber sound suppressors
NOTE: SureFire SOCOM Series Fast-Attach sound suppressors and current-model muzzle brake/suppressor adapters and flash hider/suppressor adapters are not compatible with previous SureFire Fast-Attach sound suppressors, muzzle brakes, or flash hiders.
Surefire SFMB-338-5/8-24 Muzzle Brake/Suppressor Adapter Features:
- Delivers greatly reduced recoil impulse and muzzle rise and features neutral porting that loads bi-pod legs evenly
- Multiple bearing surfaces for superior suppressor alignment
- Precision machined from US mill-certified heat-treated stainless steel bar stock
- High-precision single-point cut barrel threads for optimum thread interface
- Inspected for all critical dimensions including concentricity and alignment
- Pilot holes for tuning of muzzle brake and to pin-and-weld on short-barreled rifles
- Black Ionbond DLC coating provides maximum protection against harsh environmental conditions and facilitates cleaning after extreme use
- Serves as rock-solid mounting adapter for SureFire SOCOM Series sound suppressors
- Labyrinth seals prevent carbon buildup on suppressor lock ring indexing system
Surefire SFMB-338-5/8-24 Muzzle Brake/Suppressor Adapter Specifications:
Caliber: 8.60 mm (.338 caliber)
Length: 2 Inches
Export of the commodities described herein is strictly prohibited without a valid export license issued by the U.S. Department of State, Office of Defense Trade Controls, prescribed in the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR), Title 22, Code of Federal Regulations, Parts 120-130.
Surefire Muzzle Brake, Suppressor Adapter, 338 Lapua, 5/8 X 24, Right Hand, Black Sfmb-338-5/8-24
Model: Muzzle Brake/Suppressor Adapter
Product Type: Muzzle Brake
Caliber: 338 Lapua